Category: Organic Cooking
- 2 bunches kale
- 1⁄2 cup leek, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of raisins
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons of black sesame seeds
- 5 garlic cloves, minced (or extruded through garlic press)
- 1 1⁄2 large red bell peppers, cut into short strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tangerines
- white pepper
- Wash kale. Pull greens away from the stalks, discarding stalks. Shred by hand into small pieces.
- Place kale in steamer basket, and steam until tender (approximately 10 minutes). Remove immediately from heat.
- Heat olive oil in heavy pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add onions and leeks. Saute until onions are translucent and leeks begin to brown. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, saute for 1-2 more minutes. Add bell pepper slices, and saute until tender (approximately 4-5 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Add kale to pan, and toss ingredients together thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot or room temperature.
If done cold ad the Black sesame seeds, and raisins and squeeze two tangerines over the tossed mix. This is another zesty treat. I have also added avocado and red onions thinly sliced. What a treat.